Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Soup and chips

With the dreadful loss of Supermarketman who has now found more useful employ as a businessman, I have decided to work our way through the freezer. There are endless little pots of this or that which results in smorgersborgs of unidentified dishes at every meal. Last night it was some pasta thing with something that tasted a bit like chicken plonked on top. Yesterday I found a couple of partridge that I roasted and served on a bed of rice and dog food - I still haven't the faintest idea what it was but they ate it. Today looks no less interesting. I haven't really made much of an indentation in the permafrost yet so I'll keep you up to date with our ever exciting menus.

The Apprentice and I eventually braved the elements and travelled to the end of the garden where we sorted through boxes and boxes of stuff. I now have a lovely, well equipped studio - all I need is the motivation to use it; it's far too tidy to mess up.

Today's goodly task is clothes sorting. I will adopt my usual three graces method - Faith, Hope and Charity. Faith is things I have lost faith in and know I really have to chuck. Hope is the category for things that don't currently fit but might one day i.e. entire contents of wardrobe. Charity shop donations are only things in good nick that I know I will never wear again, if I ever did. Must bury the ones with price tags firmly in bottom of bag away from the judgemental eyes of Mr Smith - we all make occasional bad buys. I will carefully fold them and leave them in the boot of my car for several months to mature.

Gosh, I am positively steaming through the task list and Mr Smith isn't even here with his whip and clipboard. Maybe that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment