Thursday, January 12, 2012

Liistless

One big problem I have with going on holiday is getting thoroughly overexcited and not being able to sleep. I redo lists endlessly in my head until I can take no more. Actually, by the light of day, I realise the world probably won't end because I haven't ironed the sheets and my passport is in the safe where it always is and its expiry date hasn't mysteriously altered whilst it was in there.

Today I am off to the seaside to look from one side of the Atlantic towards the other and I will be sure to do the same when I'm in the Caribbean. I am going to the hairdressers then an exhibition in Chichester. I don't like hair appointments - all that staring at yourself in the mirror - so I am going to Pallant House Art Gallery as a treat afterwards. Then I will enjoy an evening of the pub quiz with my friends and a Mr Smithless night in my lovely flat before whizzing back to London tomorrow morning. All a bit fleeting but I need to see the sea.

I rather unkindly told Mad Carina she is mad. I gave her a firm talking to about her shopping and gifting addiction and made her promise to buy me no more presents but then I had to ring her back and ask for a scrapbook for my birthday. She was delighted with this request as she had already bought me one .... probably several! I asked her where on earth she gets the money to buy all these things; housekeeping. Gosh, how clever. Her husband lives in the belief that his one fishinger costs £90. Mr Smith does our shopping.

And now back to my list of tasks - suncream and currency. Oh I'll get them at the airport with the housekeeping money.

No comments:

Post a Comment