Friday, January 6, 2012

Yes, we have no bananas

My brilliant idea of working through the freezer has resulted in making more frozen food than we had before. I found a chicken, defrosted it .... a bit, chopped it up and cooked it with wine, vegetables and stock, making it all much bigger than it was. I then served it to the ungrateful who simply declared it to be enormously large. Oh well, if they're not going to eat it I will pop it in the freezer.

Yesterday I took my new lovely bright red plastic collapsible shopping trolley out for its first stroll. I had to go via the shop it came from to ask how the heck you fold and unfold the wheels. The man told me he had carefully shown Mr Smith how it worked when he bought it. After I had stopped laughing he then gave me the same origami demo which left me totally baffled. "Oh I see, like that, yes that's easy peasy, no problemo. Gosh, what an idiot my husband is." It will stay up forever. I took it to North End Road market where they sell all the produce in little baskets for £1 a go, though I was disappointed to discover you don't get the basket. I just went along the stalls selecting a basket of this and a basket of that until I had filled my trolley to the top. I seem to have bought fields of potatoes and onions, bushels of greens and enough bananas to support a small West Indian island. It was too heavy to get home so Mr Smith had to collect me. "Why did you get all these onions and potatoes you stupid woman; we've got loads already?" Oh I wanted to test the capacity of the trolley. It seems very good. It then collapsed under the strain and folded its wheels away all by itself. I don't suppose you'd like some bananas? I really should have let Mr Smith go to Sainsburys.

I have carefully written a shopping list for Mr Smith and e-mailed it to him as shopping is not something he is able to discuss with me in a reasonable tone - he just found the bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment