Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hi ho

Mr Smith is off to work with his new brief case that I gave him for Christmas. After three months at home every day this is truly a new beginning. I woke him this morning with "First day at your new school - so exciting". I hope he gets milk at break time and no one nicks his dinner money. My man is back in the West End - good for him. I will miss him; who's going to wash up, hoover, iron and cook .... And shop?

The Apprentice and I are spending the day in the shed. Since constructing this beautiful edifice at the end of the garden all we've done is dump things in it until opening the door has become quite a feat. So today, at long last, we are going to sort it out carefully placing things on their smart shelves in neat order. Shed things are tricky to make tidy e.g. bits of wire and lengths of wood but we will give it our best shot. Actually, there is a mighty storm blowing at the moment so maybe we'll venture to the end of the garden when it's stopped raining quite so hard. Poor Mr Smith is being buffetted at a bus stop on Putney Heath.

Shall I design a brand new quilt or finish and old one? I think new year, new quilt, don't
you? Ok, compromise; I will finish something first then design a new quilt. Maybe I ought to do some of the tasks on my task list - the iPad does brilliant lists. I'll start a new one for
Mr Smith's tasks.... Wash up, hoover, iron, cook .... And shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment