Saturday, February 23, 2013

No dice

The people we thought were going to buy our house didn't buy our house .... Back to the drawing board.  We are still going house hunting in order to set ourselves up for the usual disappointments that life throws at one.  Firstly, we will find dream home then someone else will buy it whilst we stay in our same old hovel sadly gazing at our for sale sign.

Mad Carina's dilemma was just general. She does too much then wonders why she is ill.  I tried to explain that staring into space, preferably from one's bed is a perfectly acceptable pastime at least two mornings a week.  She needs some compulsory rest if she doesn't want to actually die of exhaustion.  She's not an athlete just a fifty year old bipolar lunatic who rushes about like a mad fly looking for the next dog turd.  Calm is what she needs.

I thought Mr Smith was going away next week.  I was all excited planning art projects various.  He's not going away for ages.  Why doesn't he just bugger off and leave me to do my arty things for a bit.  Honestly all this cooking and cleaning is such hard work.  Mainly because the moment I get the house up to scratch, so people can come a viewing, it is all undone in a trice by awful meals that mess up every last bit of kitchen.

It snows.  Very light dandruffy stuff but it still warrants as flakes.  Not long now til my Caribbean jaunt.  Adam and Eve are just about finished and now it's the Baths.  This makes it sound like Rome when in fact it is a muddy hole filled with hot volcanic spring water outside the police station.  They have tarted it up a bit these days making it more like a little swimming pool that is too small to swim in but it looks pretty unsavoury to me.  I always think I might catch something very nasty indeed and stay well out of it.  There's an off putting sign about open sores and as I usually have a scratched weepy mosquito bite or two, I don't qualify for entry at my own risk.  There is a hot stream leading down to it where the local men bathe after work showing off their enormous willies to any passing tourists.  You sort of have to park your car near them so there's no missing the splendid view.  I take nice old ladies there then listen to them telling their friends all about it at dinner "Bigger than that donkey we saw at Herbert's Pasture."

Right, house viewing it is.  Particularly sheds.  Mr Smith and I have developed a fascination for sheds.  We do like a nice outhouse - studio you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment