Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Howdy Howard

Howard was my agent before Agent Annie became my agent.  Howard is lovely and a brilliant artist.  His wife is ill with pneumonia.  We were due to meet in Nevis in November but they had to go home to Canada as she was so ill and getting worse.  Anyway, I emailed him to ask whether having a show in the jungle miles from anywhere was a good idea.  He says it's brilliant as lots of tourists come and you sell heaps.  Oh great.  I also sent him a couple of pics of my daubs and he was wildly ecstatic with praise.  Such a change from the grunts of Mr Smith.

I am going to set myself a challenge.  A painting in 30 hours.  I wonder if I can do it.  I am inclined to spend weeks on each one so this would be a good discipline for me.  Mr Smith suggests he locks me in the shed and I do 30 hours non stop with no loo breaks.  I think not.  I usually manage 5hrs a day so it will be 6 days.  Mmmmm.  We will see.

Agent Annie has secured the restaurant in the rain forest, Bananas, for three weeks for my show starting on 28th March.  oooh eck, that's really soon.  Better dash and daub.


No comments:

Post a Comment