Monday, June 10, 2013

What a mess

Yesterday I made a wonderful crocheted circular rug.  Mr Smith says it looks like a squashed Mexican.  It does a bit.

It is cold.  It is June.  Ergo no heating and anyway we just had a bill ....arghhhhhhh!   I have donned a jersey and am wearing a knitted boa that I just finished.  Is there no end to my talents?  The boa is quite the thing which makes up for the awfulness of the rug.

I am SO excited by the thought of going to live in the country.  I will make rugs by the shed load.  I might even get quite good at it after a while.

I have just arranged a fun day out on Wednesday in Chichester with Designer Susan.  Then down to the Witterings to deliver terrible rugs followed by Portsmouth to collect the Apprentice (older son).  Tomorrow I am going to the Opera with Sensible Alison.  lalalalala

And now to make a house birthday cake for the Apprentice.  The top got a bit burnt and rose up with a big crack in it, then it fell apart when I tried to make it house shaped.  I will persist. I need more kit and a great deal of chocolate icing and eighty five thousand smarties.  He is 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment