Monday, June 3, 2013

A place by any other name

Yes, I was right - lovely house is lovely and we are going to buy it and live happily ever after.

Had a ghastly journey back to London as M26 was closed and M25 was a lorry park so I M20ed all the way through Lewisham.  Vile.  Very short tempered ever since.

The dear Best Boy is reluctantly looking at affordable property on line.  He prefers the £800,000 house he found.  Ahem, I really had something along the lines of a £300,000 in grotty condition house in mind.  We differ.  I call Tooting lots of different names such as Lower Wandsworth, Outer Wimbledon, Earlsfield, Mitcham .... but not Tooting.  He still refuses to look at them.  He's so snooty.  In my day affordable meant anything south of the river or north of the park.  Now you are lucky if you can find anything with a London postcode for under a grillion.  Oh well, sorry dearest son you will not be living in Belgravia.  Anyway, your brother will sort you out when he returns from foreign parts.

Phrase of the day: Abstract vegetables.  I might write a book called Abstract Vegetables.




No comments:

Post a Comment