Friday, June 14, 2013

Health check

I got so cold at the Opera and I had a funny turn in the second half when Ithought I might faint.  I didn't but I felt very sick.  I got better on the way home but I was amazed I managed to survive to the end.  Anyway, I now have a cold coming with a bit fat chesty thing making me feel ill.  Mr Smith is cleaning his gun.  They shoot horses, he says.

I took the boys to look at the house in Crystal Palace that I thought might be suitable.  Eventually after much tapping of things in a silly way they decided it would do, price permitting.

We have a surveyor coming to survey every inch of our cracked and leaking hovel.  I suppose as long as he doesn't write "Do not buy this property under any circumstances" it will be ok.  I am very worried about the little damp patch and that bit in the kitchen and the non working pump in the top bathroom and the shower door that is falling off and two disgusting boys lolling about with hangovers.  I remember the survey carried out on the very first house I lived in as a child.  My mother was very anxious and I was ill in bed with something like measles.  I remember the man tapping the wall above my bed and thinking he can't be serious.  That didn't seem much of a survey to me.

In the meantime the survey has been carried out on our house to be.  Riddled with worm, beetle and dry rot?  Apparently not.  Oh good.  It's old and looks as though it might.

Now, off to die.  I do not feel very well at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment