Sunday, March 10, 2013

Frills and spills

Meeting my sister in law was great.  We went to an exhibition at the British Library, paid absolutely no attention whatsoever to the Indian pictures but chatted furiously.  Her daughter is getting married this year so it is all dresses and frills.  My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding pails into insignificance in comparison.  Such fun.  We ended up having a cream tea at the Regency Hotel St Pancras.  It is so lovely.  Tea was very good value and was very generous with two delicious scones - I ate both mine but CG took one of hers home.

My mother in law is not well and is like Eeyore in his gloomy patch.  Canadian Georgie suggested taking her shopping for a wedding outfit but she was all Why, Nobody will be looking at me. Sometimes she can overdo the martyred act.

I got so fed up with being bombarded by bad advice on constipation from the megalomaniac on line who set herself up as a diet guru that I told her in the end that she should be careful in dishing out untested rubbish that could be quite dangerous.  Home enemas - for goodness sake.  I was also getting complaints from other people about her hideous bossiness.  Anyway, she has closed up shop - oooooh touchy!  I was so careful in what I said but obviously touched a nerve.  She suddenly resigned.  But to be honest the diet is not healthy.  Losing 10 pounds in 5 days is all very well but the after effects are gruesome.  I have been so ridiculously bunged up and all this red meat and butter are not healthy at all.  I would never advocate anyone to follow this diet plan for longer than a couple of weeks.   Too much artery clogging fat.  I will watch my carb intake from now on but I am not going down that ridiculous meat meat meat route again - even if I do have to cram myself into a tiny dress in a couple of weeks.

Mr Smith is back today.  I have to collect him at midnight from Gatwick.  I might go there a bit earlier and hang around the airport otherwise I won't stay awake.  Maybe an afternoon nap will take place today.





No comments:

Post a Comment