Thursday, August 8, 2013

Panic over

Oh thank you God for best friends and worst enemies.

Marvellous Marian rang because her telephone wasn't working and she needed to try to her new one so picked me to call. I told her of my predicament trying to find a house sitter and she came up with a name.  My worst enemy at college, Lynda B.  I didn't dislike Lynda B but we just came from very different backgrounds.  In fact I was bowled over by her intelligence despite lack of education.  She had travelled around the world as a stowaway, done a building course, got pregnant, raised a son on her own, tried to form reconciliation with her dreadful drunk mother and found God.  She is actually very nice, very reliable and sensible and comes at this from the right angle.  She wants a seaside holiday and I want a house sitter.  Perfect.  I couldn't leave my house in more capable hands.

And now I can sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment