Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Movin on up

Well, here it is .... At long last...The day I have waited so long to arrive.  All is packed.  I just have to shove my duvet into a teeny little bag and shrink my pillows and deal with a load of big things that were too difficult to pack such as the kids.

I did not sleep well. I woke at repeated intervals throughout the night.  At 3am I tried to book a limo from Toronto Airport. Not as bonkers as it sounds as I am actually going to Toronto.  Then I watched a really crappy tv prog then I counted boxes to get me to sleep.  Dawn is now rising over Roehampton and I realise this is the last time I will see the church spire from my bedroom window.  Ben was christened in that church.  Actually it is obliterated by a tree that must have grown a great deal this year as the other trees have been cut down.

I just got a scary message on my phone about reading the meters. Thank God they reminded me.
I must remember to get a Happy New Home card for the new people.  They kindly sent me one.
And now to Kent to live happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment