Saturday, August 10, 2013

Arty cardy

I was trying to paint a picture of Mulberry House to use as a change of address card but it is taking ages so I decided to make a little collage out of fabric.  The first hazard is all my fabrics and sewing kit are packed up somewhere amongst the mountain of boxes.   I used what I had lying around but it really isn't very good.  I want to find a few flowery fabrics to make the garden and mulberry tree.  I was hoping if I made it quite large when I photographed it there would be a fabulously detailed brilliant little picture but it hasn't quite worked like that.  Maybe I will go back to the painting.

Off to Yorkshire today to annoy my mother in law. We will shop in Barnsley and maybe look at some antiques in Rotherham on the way.  The reason for our visit is to see what furniture we can steal from mother in law.  We need a dining table and chairs and anything else we think she doesn't really need.

I want to restore our house to something a bit more 18th century.  It is a dreadful mish mash of modern horror with hideous light fittings, awful B&Q wallpapers, ghastly curtains and terrible finishes.  We need a plasterer and a carpenter; the electrician we can provide.  It is handy having a son with a skill; maybe I should have had more.


No comments:

Post a Comment