Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bon marchay

Watching Wimbledon doesn't really count as PE does it?  I am so lazy but I have to wait in for dreadful Internet buys.  The chair was quite ugly and stupidly small and uncomfortable and had Impulse Buy written all over it.  This has to stop.  My hairbrush never came; my hair is a mess.  An enormous parcel arrived yesterday containing a frame.  I suspect I got the measurements wrong.  I haven't dared to open it.  The linen was hideous and awful quality.  Thank heavens I haven't bought entire sets for all nine bedrooms in a house I don't yet own.  Mr Smith has put a ban on me buying any more stuff for our new house until we have exchanged contracts.

Our forthcoming holiday in Paris looks slightly flawed.  I bid for three nights in a Parisian hotel whilst drunk at a charity auction.  I SO wished I hadn't.  The place looks a flea pit in a particularly grim bit of town miles away from the centre.  I have booked us one night in a decent hotel.  I am thinking of maybe doing two.  I don't think we are going to like it very much.

I am working on a very beautiful patchwork quilt with highly dodgy instructions.  I am giving it to Mr Smith's niece as a wedding present.... In small bits at this rate.  This doesn't exclude Mr Smith from buying her a present himself - he is looking through the list for something that costs under $10.

And now I am off to Camden to see about a market research project that is so beyond me I could weep.  It is big money so I decided the only way to do this was to go and irritate them in person.  I find it all too confusing on line.  Anyway, I want to walk through Regents Park and have a bit of a leg stretch - too sofa bound these tennis days.

I am giving knitting club a miss as they have some awful yarn bombing project planned.  I wouldn't mind if it was a properly planned beautiful installation but a load of rubbishy bits of knitting strewn about the place is truly not for me, or Maurice, or Susie, or Christine.  Three people will be there on their own.  The rumble of our stampede in the opposite direction will be the only sound to break our silent protest. We felt we were being made to do something we didn't want to.  Is it actually legal - possibly not?  Shall I tip off planning? With any luck someone else will.








No comments:

Post a Comment