Wednesday, January 2, 2013

House for Sale ... Hovel actually

I have just read about an amazing man, Richard Roberts, who last year decided to do something for the first time every day of the year.  He did some fun stuff such as falconry, drinking armadillo milk and walking like an Egyptian.  Well done him.  So I have decided to try a few new things.  Hoovering is fairly novel for me along with getting up before 10am and eating sitting down.  Alright, those are not proper things but maybe I will do the odd new thing and tell you about it.

Today I am decorating a chest of drawers that I started about 5 years ago when I decided to paint it in a seaside theme.  I got as a far as a few mackerel and mussels and waves and sand but it all got horrible hard work so I left it for a bit ..... Quite a big bit.  Mr Smith now needs a chest of drawers for the Kent flat and I could either buy him one or utilise this one.  So Farrow&Ball and  I will make this match my newly acquired kitchen dresser.  Yes, I have a kitchen dresser in my bedroom and very smart it looks too.  I have so far done a spot of sanding and then primed it.  There are star fish glaring through and relief waves on the top.  Oh blow.  Many layers me thinks.  I wonder how well covering the paint might be.

I decided today to set out a strategy for clearing up this house in order to market it.  Step one: clear up a room a day.  Today I chose a room that needs no clearing.  Brilliantly flawed as there is a danger of moving things from one room to another and not really tackling the rubbish.  I can just go Oh look this room is perfect whilst you cannot open the door of the next one.  I need to watch lots of tv programmes about hoarding.  Then I need to order a skip.  No not really, but a trip to the odd charity shop and tip wouldn't go amiss.

I want to know just how annoying the man in Bromley M&S was to cause a woman to hit him with her trolly so hard he needs intensive care in hospital.  I hope he doesn't die but I do understand her plight - she went off her trolly!  I feel quite the same myself sometimes in Sainsburys which is why Mr Smith now does our supermarket shopping.

Got frightfully fat over Christmas.  What's new?  Anyway I am now on Day 2 of the Dryathlon and feel all virtuous and sober.  Long may it last.

http://www.justgiving.com/dryathlete-annabel-church-smith










No comments:

Post a Comment