Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wonderful wedding

The Big Fat Canadian Wedding was quite wonderful with lots of dancing.  Actually, rather odd dancing as there were performances by the bride's parents which seemed most unnecessary and rather   embarrassing.  On the good side the bride was unutterably beautiful and we all had a fabulous time.

Unfortunately this fabulous time just hasn't stopped and every hour of the day is filled with more partying and more food and more booze until I am so tired and so full I might die but not before I have crammed in another donut, waffle, pancake, peach pie or Danish swirl.

After four days I have jumped ship and left Mr Smith and all the other Smiths to visit my friend Jonesy in Kingston, Ontario.  We are having fun though I am horribly tired and she has a ghastly cough.  I persuaded her to stay in tonight as I cannot face another restaurant meal and I don't want to drink.  At last an alcohol free day; liver will rejoice!  We have had a lovely evening together not having to do anything.  Heaven.

My boys are in Toronto with their cousins.  I am sure they are having a lovely mother free day.  I have handed them over to their father and disclaimed all responsibility for their behaviour.  They have not let me down - Mr Smith has been suitably aggrieved by their awfulness in running up an enormous hotel bill, smoking dope at the wedding, leaving half their luggage in our car and being of slobby demeanour and rude to me. That's his boys!  Sometimes they are very nice.








No comments:

Post a Comment