Wednesday, September 18, 2013

School run

We couldn't work out how to turn on the heating and we were miserably cold.  I fortuitously ran into Eddie the Evident in the high street and he came over to see our house.  He is a plumber (rtd) and simply showed us the thermostat that we had completely overlooked and suggested we turn it on whereupon the house was instantly far too warm.  We turned it all off.

Mr Smith is going to commute for the first time today. What with his Californian golf trip, followed by his Canadian holiday and his new house paternity leave, he hasn't been to London Town for over a month.  Having blown up his car I am reluctant to lend him mine so I will have to chauffeur him to and from Ashford International station.  If he gets the wrong platform he will end up in France.

I am getting a bit porky these days.  It's all these lovely meals in my lovely kitchen in my lovely new house.  Country cooking is all very well but I am fast turning into a country bumpkin.  Time to take stock and formulate a regime.  Also I am going to investigate swimming; not in the sea but a swimming pool.

Artisan of the day: Can't remember.  We had two yesterday - curtain lady and gardener.  Then there is the resident electrician - the Apprentice.  He is doing great things.  We can now see in the kitchen with the addition of a little spot light and a light in the cupboard.  I love it when things work.
There are several more mendymen lined up - cleaner, plumber, tree stump man, alarm man, chimney sweep and damp proofer.  Add car mender and hairdresser to the list and you have an idea of my week.

And now it's driving gloves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment