Thursday, September 12, 2013

In and out

Well, we are back from Canada and safely installed into Mulberry House, lovely lovely Mulberry House.  It's mulberry pie for dinner tonight.  Both Mr Smith and I have a feeling of slight euphoria as we take stock of our fabulous new home.  No mortgage.  Oh it is so beautiful.

There are a few issues such as rising damp but Glen the Great, our hospitable pub landlord, has sent people round to fix things.  We have damp man, plumbing man, plumber's mate, chimney sweep, dishwasher removal man, gardener, cleaner, window cleaner and drains bloke all lined up.  Glen the Great is amazing - he woke us up this morning to tell us we could use his skip for all our cardboard boxes.  I took them all to the tip.  I wish I hadn't as they make great fire lighters.   I am also using Glen the Great's Internet.  Due to BT's stupidity we are not on line.  We also have the wrong telephone number.

I love living in Kent although I do still feel like I am on holiday in someone else's house.  A load of furniture arrived from Yorkshire yesterday so it doesn't even look like our house.  My new sofa will come next week.  I am desperate to make one pretty room that isn't beige and brown.  I find all this dark wooden furniture a bit depressing.  I want to rush out and buy a bright pink plastic chaise longue   or orange plastic chairs.... just to annoy Mr Smith.

I have sent the boys and Mr Smith to London to buy a house. Mulberry House is a big house but wow it's nice without them all.  I want my boys to move out.  They seem to fill the whole house with themselves and all their clobber.  I am running around tidying up after them all and doing their endless washing.


No comments:

Post a Comment