Sunday, March 30, 2014

Dorsetshire

I have been such a busy little bee.  Mr Smith went off golfing in Wales for a couple of days.  I was lonely but I did many a task and had a giant shouting match with my stupid mother.  She is driving me insane.  I really could do without her spoilt selfish manipulative behaviour right now.

I went up to London on Friday to the Savoy for cocktails and Jo Allen's for dinner.  It was an alcohol free evening to match my alcohol free Lent and it was fabulous.  If nobody else is drinking then you really don't feel the need to get sloshed.  However, I still managed a hangover the next day; just habit!
I stayed at my very odd brother in law's house which was extremely scummy.  I really don't think I can stay there again; it is just too uncomfortable.  I would have checked into the Renaissance hotel but it's £300 a night which is a bit steep.  I will find a nice hotel somewhere because I just cannot bear   that level of horror and discomfort for my London visits.  The bathroom is in a cupboard like on a boat, the bed is a horrible 1970s sofa bed with metal bits that dig into you and the furniture is a filing cabinet. The loo was broken and full of poo when I arrived (I had a fish around  in the cistern and got it to flush) and the main bathroom was absolutely disgusting.  The whole place stank.  Thank heavens a lovely Ukrainian cleaner with crap English but a handy loo brush attended the scene.  The house had a far lovelier aroma when I returned.

I am now in Dorset which is gorgeous.  My fat friend T has the most beautiful house in Dorchester.  Everything here is clean, comfortable and pretty.  I bought her a giant mushroom handbag which she absolutely loves.  Oh good because not everyone would want to carry round a toadstool with spots.

We went for a walk o'er the hills of Dorset and then around Portland on the Jurassic Coast - Amazing.  Oh the coastline - Portland Bill, Chesil Beach and the stunning cliff views just took my breath away.  Makes Kent look a bit dull.

The joy of staying with a fun friend.  We are wearing our onesies and making icing dogs for cupcakes today.  So gloriously untaxing and a million miles away from my mother, scuddy Geoffrey's flat, Mr Smith bollocking me for not putting out the rubbish properly which so isn't my job and all my nagging tasks.  A holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment