Sunday, November 10, 2013

Whizz bangs

We went to Rye Bonfire festival and it was wonderful.  Mr Smith had his poo face on because we had a long wait for the torchlit parade.  It was all quite medieval with a glorious fire breathing dragon at the end.  The parade ended with torches being thrown onto the enormous bonfire followed by spectacular fireworks.  We ended up in a pub with a lot of roman soldiers in full armour and other revellers.  It was fun.  We then came home to singing in the pub - loudly.

We are planning a trip to Goa.  It looks most exotic.  I thought it all looked rather expensive until I realised a rupee is only 1p.  Even I can work out the exchange on that.

My new pale blue sofa, which is ridiculously too big for the room, is just the most comfortable squidgiest sofa ever.  It is also very elegant.  The dog is eyeing it up as new day bed ... I think not.  It is mine.  I have banned all tv watching from my new sitting room/library which is great in theory but I am bored now.  It's all very well designing your house like a magazine but it isn't entirely practical.


No comments:

Post a Comment