Saturday, November 16, 2013

All sorts sorted

We sorted out the mad woman downstairs at the seaside flat.  She just needed a man to go "there there we will sort it all out for you".  I sent two.  My husband and Damp Proof Mark went to her flat and did their stuff.  She is now placated.  I did not visit her for fear I would tell her what I thought of her and her very rude threatening manner.  How dare she frighten my Mr Smith like that with her nasty aggressive tone.  She is off our Christmas list.

Our sitting room is finished but for a curtain and a radiator.  So it is freezing cold and very echoey.  My new sofa in my sitting room is proving very popular, especially with the dog.  I have hardly had a look in.  I am desperate for the shelves to be decorated so we can get our books out of their boxes.

Last night was Girls' Night Out.  It was extremely good fun, we bopped til we dropped, we drank a lot, we danced around a handbag and were thoroughly silly.  Naomi looked like a radiant little fairy.  It was really her party.  She is dying and I keep forgetting as she is such fun and so vibrant; she lives every day as though it is her last.  When "On top of the World" was played she cried. She just felt on top of the world surrounded by friends having what could be her last girls' night out.

Mr Smith and I are going on jolly holiday to India with Naomi and Glen the Good in January.  Given it could be her last holiday, we are all staying in Goa's most beautiful hotel.  I am so excited but I am terrified for Naomi as she is incredibly ill awaiting a kidney transplant.  This will be her last holiday before the operation and there is a very likely chance that she will die on the operating table.  Our lives have already been touched by Naomi in a lovely way as she is terrific fun and we adore her although we have only lived here for three months.  God, I hope she makes it through.

My latest diet hasn't worked.  Much deprivation just to stay the same stupid weight.  My scales might be a bit dodgy.  I need to stop boozing.  I will do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment