Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Broom broom woof woof.

My car went to the vet; my dog didn't.  The service for my Mercedes cost a million pounds; I very nearly cried.  I was so angry at the £990 bill that I forgot to take the dog to the vet.

Too much drinking is going on here.  Mr Smith is almost as bad as Mrs Smith.  On Monday he was fantastically drunk and fell down on his return from the pub into a box of lampshades which I can assure you was not very good for the lampshades.

Don the Decorator is taking a Forth Bridge approach to painting our bookshelves.  Many a layer has been necessary. I would like to wait a week for the paint to be really non sticky before putting books all over them.  The problem with this is I will be away and Mr Smith will be left to organise the books.  I have to say they do look splendid; It's a shame they are only going to house a few copies of Wisden and the odd Mickey Spillane.

And now it is painting time.  I am off to Nevis on Tuesday.  I must try and get my painting done as best I can.  The more I do now the less I have to do there and the more I can enjoy myself. I mean all work no play makes Jill a boring cow.





No comments:

Post a Comment