Thursday, October 10, 2013

Town swim

GROWNIGEL - groweling nope I don't think that's the right spelling .... I'll ask the dog.
WINORGGEL - Glowering.  That took me ages.  But I cannot let Mr Smith get one over on me.

Now what do we have planned for today?  Ah yes, work.  Mr Smith will be at work all day so I will be able to get on with something.  We were promised a vile day today but, guess what, it is gorgeous.

I had a lovely day with Claudia.  Roehampton looked different.  You observe things differently if you have been away from them for a while.  The regular patterns are less etched into your brain so see other bits such as previously unobserved roofs of buildings or doorways or facades.  Interesting.  The club itself seemed dull - all too schooly.  Nice lunch, beautiful gardens and it was so nice to spend time with the Lovely Claudia.

I had a bit of a panic on my High Speed Train journey to St Pancras when I suddenly remembered I had forgotten my swimsuit despite packing every other aid to swimming and self beautification.  Pulling the emergency cord and turning the train back seemed a bit tricky as it was going so fast.  I bought a perfectly adequate, if rather filmy, swimsuit at a sports shop at the station.  I think you need to be flat chested and super thin for such a garment.  My big fat self crammed into it - super stretch.

I joined the local sewing group.  Brilliant.  I loved it and will go again next week.  Less arduous that Monday's art class but all these things keep me out of the pub which can only be good.

And so to work.  At long last.

No comments:

Post a Comment