Friday, October 4, 2013

Big big storm

Thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening ..... At least our Mulberry Tree didn't get struck by lightning.  I think that happened sometime ago.  All the lights went out and I was a bit scared.  Mr Smith did not come to see if I was OK in bed but I went to ensure he had a torch - so kind.

I am gradually clearing out our seaside flat with the intention of letting it to a nice tenant.  I hope Tall Paul takes it.  He is a super nice golfing friend of Mr Smith and he is ...very tall.

I have been buying lights for our house.  Mr Smith chooses hideous things that make me want to weep.  I buy crazy antique pineapples and birds' nests.  Well, they're neither but they are that sort of thing.  I have also bought lovely antique wall lights and might buy some more when he isn't looking.

We have really discovered the antique shops of Hythe.  Yesterday we bought loads of junk including a tiny table and a very practical pair of bellows.  I actually went to Hythe to get some canvases for painting.  I just need a bit of application next.  Shall I start painting or clean the barbecue?

I had my hair straightened at vast expense.  It is the Brazilian Blowout where they put some stuff on your hair that stays there for four days then you wash it out and you should have sleek lovely hair that doesn't go frizzy - even in the rain.  We'll see.  Today is wash out day.  I have been walking around with dreadful lank dead straight hair.  To think that's what I wanted all my life.  So there should be a bit of spring back in it but no ghastly uncontrollable Brillo pad effort.

 I am going swimming at my posh spa this morning - well needed exercise as I am rather porky these days due to the delicious meals I keep producing.  It's the whole happy thing - happy house, happy kitchen, happy food.  I need to do some punishment - hard exercise and meagre regime and not
reward myself with the delights of Cadburys or the pub.

We are so very happy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment