Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The New Me

I don't know if I like the new me that much.  I don't drink and I exercise non stop.  Of course it is all proper exercise sessions such a 10k step walk or a class or a swim which means the dog is unwalked and the garden undug.  Today I will will make exercise more home orientated with an emphasis on bean planting even though it's raining.  Actually, I have a cunning plan, Baldrick, to torture my sweet peas into growing.  I am going to give them new locations, previously untried, because they have a habit of either being totally weedy or not growing at all.

The exercise thing would be fine if I lost weight but not an ounce has been shed since I have taken up  all this mad walking and I am beginning to get a bit peed off.  My mood is not improved by noticing that Mr Smith failed to bring the washing in despite a prompt last night and the weather looks inclement.  I was out pursuing the body beautiful - belly dancing class.  I was so depressed at the sight of my bingo wings I almost signed up for flying lessons.

The hamster, poor younger son who has had his wisdom teeth out, was going to go to the seaside to recover but now the weather has changed so perhaps he and his rather uncharming new girlfriend won't go after all.  Oh good.  She isn't very nice and I don't really want them to go to my beautiful flat as though it is a free hotel.  I am becoming selfish with my possessions but then they are mine and not his.  I feel rather the same about Mr Smith who is having his golfing cronies round.  Mmmm we'll see.

I have been shopping - shoe shopping.  I have lovely sandals for my forthcoming trip to Turkey.  Mr Smith asks if I am joining the Roman army.  They do look a bit gladiatorial actually.  They were very comfortable and I walked a million miles in them over the weekend but yesterday they started hurting.  I bought some special cushioning stuff in the chemist but it was actually just the nasty sharp label.  They are comfy again.  I also treated the top half to a new bra.  Quite lovely and very stripey which shows through all my clothes.

Today I will buy matching knickers.






No comments:

Post a Comment