Sunday, May 19, 2013

Terrific Turkey

Turkey is absolutely lovely. It is spotlessly clean and stuffed full of a billion shops all wanting to sell you a grillion bits of tat and a blue eye.

I will not visit a hamman (Turkish bath) or buy a stupid carpet.
I will have a ride in a balloon and marvel at the weirdness of Cappadocia.
I will buy bellydancing kit.... for Mr Smith.
I will buy Turkish delight and chew it til my jaws ache.

Being an exceptionally busy little holiday maker I have climbed a castle and swam in a very cold pool, been shopping and explored the town.  So far I have bought nothing .... not even a bit of tat that looks like the netting the tangerines come in - yet.  I have eaten far too much and feel ridiculously full all the time.  I will have to make some better menu selections though so far we haven't actually had any choice, we have just been inundated with dish after dish of touristy fare.  Good fish.  Many veg.

I gave T a challenge.  She had to buy something for 1 Turkish lire (about 33p) in the grockle shops.  She did it - a little purse.

The hotel we are staying in is very much a family affair.  A lovely man and his little round wife with mild to medium b.o. run this marvellous b&b that reminds me of a Swiss chalet inside - very woody.  They looked at my paintings on line and offered me a free 10 days in June when they have their residential art course. Looking at the hideous paintings that adorn every wall the standard does not seem too highly competitive.  

The poo chart looks unblemished by achievement so far.  Mr Smith will be interested.





No comments:

Post a Comment