Thursday, May 30, 2013

Home spun

I tried to get Donna's 'woven on a hula hoop' rug finished but ran out of t-shirts.  I cut up some of my clothes but still didn't have enough.  I then went to visit the lady in the Charity shop; the mean one who makes me pay over the odds despite my amazing donations.  She will have some for me on Friday.  I have now gone off the whole thing.


I tried to crochet a rug.  I need a bigger hook.  I had a practice with a small piece but it wouldn't go flat.  I have now scoured the Internet and used less stitches and learnt all sorts of useless things including how to turn your socks into smelly rag rugs!

Suddenly remembered to concoct a stew so I don't get found out for lounging about all day doing nothing productive.  Dug up leaks from garden - there's nothing quite like successful own veg.  Will now plant runner beans.

I went to knitting group but it all went horribly wrong.  I finished a wonky scarf that I hate and lent some books to Mad Maurice which I will probably never see again.  I failed to get a big crochet hook for the rag rug and I didn't manage to get home early but I gave a good demo of belly dancing and   learnt how to knit a frilly boa.  Such fun!

Oh, we sold our house.  Well, that means we are under offer for now.  Happy Mr Smith.  Rather worried Mrs Smith - shall I bother with the beans?




No comments:

Post a Comment