Thursday, April 18, 2013

Knitted moments

Mrs T was buried in style.  Beautiful service in St Paul's - watched a bit on telly- quite lovely.
Mad Carina came round and was marginally less bonkers.  She is woefully vacuous.  Oh well.
My garden is looking stunningly wonderful.  It was so worth planting all those damned bulbs.  They worked.

Walked a lot yesterday when not cramming biscuits into mouth and wondering why so vast.  I got a horrid blister from new Nikes that don't really fit.

Found superb knitting group in Waterloo.  Most people were from my area of London.. I suppose that's from where the train goes to Waterloo.  It was a brill group in a lovely lovely shop full of delicious yarns - no acrylic anywhere.  I chose some hand dyed silk at £20 a skein.  For what?  Well with some very expensive knitting needles I am knitting it.  A charming girl with bright pink hair wrote me a little pattern and away I went.  I will definitely go again.  I met Mad Maurice there.  He gets everywhere and I often meet him in a class or on the bus or in the library or at a show or in a queue or at a knitting group - total lunatic, wears shorts the year round but a very good knitter.  He has a enormous number of lady friends so one assumes he is never short of a shag which for an ugly loon is quite clever.

Thinking of taking up belly dancing and giving up sugar ... As one does.



No comments:

Post a Comment