Thursday, August 21, 2014

Rotation rotation

At the top of your arm there lies something called the rotator cuff.  This is a part of your body of which you can be blissfully unaware, rather like your liver or pancreas; that is until something goes wrong.  Oh my goodness me how it hurts.  I took it to an osteopath who was thoroughly thorough and good at the naming of parts but it still hurts and by hurt I don't mean gives me a little bit of gyp.  This is the full blown searing agony of a tendon strain that makes you want to scream for your mother temporarily forgetting she is not of the sympathetic tendency and doesn't care to be disturbed whilst on her latest caribbean holiday or flat buying spree in Chelsea.

The problem with lolling about on a sofa all day feeling sorry for yourself watching crappy films eating rubbish food is it makes you very fat.  Rock Hudson was SO good looking (ref to crappy films).  I tried to walk a bit but every step jolted my shoulder and made me want to cry.

Yesterday I took my eyes to the loveliest optician in all of Kent.  He declared my eyes spectacularly brilliant and just recommended sporting the reading lunettes whenever necessary.  No charge.  Must go to pound shop forthwith and stock up on more cheapy readers.  Can't drive due to stupid shoulder. Oh well, I will look at specs on line.  I remember one I loved years ago called Specky Four Eyes.

My puppy still has fleas.  I have waged war against the fleas with potions and sprays but I found one on him that looked in rude health ready to start a family.  Do these things actually work?  They are reassuringly expensive.

Mr Smith has been gardening.  I am impressed.  He is very destructive but it all looks very neat and tidy.  I think I quite liked it messy.  Oh well, it keeps him away from me and my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment