Thursday, April 3, 2014

My mother and other poisonous creatures

Having been summoned to the aid of the party by my mother with threats of refusing to look after my ailing father in a display of her usual selfishness, when I got there I actually found a woman who was very afraid of the future and man who was slightly losing the plot.  He is about 95% ok but there are gaps.  He is old and not terribly mobile, a bit deaf with memory lapses.  She is intolerant and doesn't like to be inconvenienced.  She is making some positive steps such as getting a psychologist to have a look at him though it is her who is certifiably insane.  She also calmed down when I was there and stopped being a total cow for about 5 minutes but she is not a particularly practical person making everything much harder work than necessary and bombarding my father with too much in one go.  She is so impatient and aggressive.  There was a lovely bit when she got locked out of the flat and we didn't hear the bell.  Her fault for forgetting her keys.  We had about half an hour of peace during which we cleared out some old files.  She is convinced we ignored the bell on purpose.  We were not particularly impressed when she got a chair and came to watch.  God she was annoying!

Anyway, I have done my daughterly duty and she will not dare to call upon me again in a hurry.  Phew!

My client emailed me giving me a date for the painting.  Hooray, deadline set.  I will get on with it now and with my mother out of the way I can be uninterrupted for two weeks and bash it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment