Thursday, April 10, 2014

Doorman

An irritating man has come to mend our door.  It is worse than before now.  I wanted him to fix it then we could appraise his work and see if we wanted him to do some other things but Mr Smith decided to march him round the house showing him every last little carpentry need so he has now got several jobs on the go - all bodge ups.  I am quite cross.

I am hungry.  Maybe it's my diet working.  I have now lost a stone since February.  I feel I just have two more pounds to go then I am ready to start stone number two in earnest.

Yesterday I walked to Dymchurch and back.  20k steps registered on my dear little Fitbit. Why are people so aghast? It's only about an hour's walk and there is a lovely tea shop there that I just managed to still catch open and ram down a piece of scrumptious marmelade cake.  Though actually I like the tea shop here better.  The walk back was performed a bit more best foot forward so it was exactly an hour.  In the days of the costume drama everyone walked many a mile and Larkrise was eight miles from Candleford and Laura didn't have a horse.

I am painting.  It's coming along slowly.  I have decided two good hours are better than five rubbish ones so I commit myself to just two hours a day.  Any more is an added bonus.  Finished Bridget Jones Mad about the boy and sobbed throughout.  I now need another talking book.  They calm me down and make me paint nicely.  Painting needs to be done by 20th April which is probably a Sunday.  I then need to courier it to the client in Southampton.  It will be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment