Sunday, April 13, 2014

A pound of flesh

The doorman is still bodging away costing us a fortune as he is so damned slow.  In fact Mr Smith was rather cross about it all and brought his anger with him on our shopping trip on Friday.  He got all crotchety in Poundland, dumping the basket in the middle of the aisle then coming to tell me my shopping was causing an obstruction.  I have to admit Poundland is perhaps not the place to go in the Easter holidays where unwashed small children steal mountains of cheap chocolate whilst their single parents ignore them.  It was loud and revolting.  However 24 scouring pads for a pound - wow.  Mr Smith bought two fly swats.  Beware flies he's in a mood.

Mr Smith golfs, I paint.  Mr Smith is getting rather good at golf, winning things which is very bad for him.  I am being chased by my client wanting to see a photograph of his painting.  But I haven't done it!  My lies will become inventive. I told him I just have to put in his car and his dog when in reality I have only just started and the thing is a total mess.  I can come up with non working camera and broken computer yet.  Anyway he doesn't want it til 26th April which is Ages yet.

Well better go and spread paint around.

On the other hand my procrastinating patchwork is coming along nicely.

I have a cold.  This makes the painting far harder work.

No comments:

Post a Comment