Saturday, September 13, 2014

House party

People are coming and the pudding has gone wrong.

We have slain a fatted lobster, hung temporary curtains as the new ones are still with the curtain lady and cleaned and spruced our house.  The boys have come home and messed it all up again.  I still have to finish the headboard I am making for the other spare room and trying to get the dog wee off the bedcover in the small bedroom. That damned puppy; he ate yew berries and had mammoth shits all over the kitchen floor.  He starts school on Monday.

On Thursday evening Glen the Good hosted a giant ice bucket challenge at the pub.  He rigged up plastic half barrels on a scaffold, stuck everyone underneath it and you can imagine the rest.  I watched from the safety of my nice dry house and popped round afterwards to congratulate some very wet people.  It was a brilliant event and raised over £500 for a local charity.  Well done everyone.

My weight stayed the same this week, yet again.  I really despair.  I might have to actually do the diet in order to shift some pounds.  I will this week but this weekend might be a bit tricky.  Actually, the pudding has gone wrong so I might be safe.

And now to be the hostess of the mostest despite Mr Smith's best efforts to scupper the weekend.  He has bought the tiniest leg of lamb to feed the five thousand.  It will be a case of Is that nice for you? as he serves each person a teeny slither of meat on their plate.  Oh well, they will have to eat lots of pudding - oh they can't, it's gone horribly wrong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment