Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dear dog

What's a dog?  A bit of animated fluff on a string upon which you lavish love.  So much love.
Oh the void, the presence of death hanging in the atmosphere of this house.  I have to get out.  I am imprisoned in misery, engulfed in grief.  I cannot function properly.  My head aches as though it has an axe sticking through half my brain.  16 hours sleep a day still isn't enough.  I want my dog.  He has gone.  I loved him so much and he loved me back.  I cry all the time.  I need to do something else, go somewhere else.  I will walk to the sea.  I will walk back.  There will be no dog to greet me on my return.  There was a dead pigeon on the path.  How did it die? I was supposed to move it; I didn't.  Something has dragged it away in the night.  I now feel remiss for being unable to perform the most mundane task but I couldn't deal with any more death.  I think it was too much for me.  To be honest getting out of bed is too much for me.  I might stay here all day.  The duvet mops up the tears quite satisfactorily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment