Sunday, January 3, 2016

Twenty sixteen

Happy New Year.

Well what happened?  I definitely ate and drank too much, ended up wearing a wet suit to dinner and then got a cold.  None of those things are remotely related.

My parents were golden.  Good guests.  My boys decided we were having more fun than them so they came for our post New Year weekend too.  I had to make extra pies which sort of scuppered the whole efficiency of advance preparations.  Next year I will make extra and freeze everything.  Oh the joy of cryogenics.  I had managed an extra lasagne just in case.

The award for beautiful behaviour and over all loveliness goes to the dog who was an obedient little sweetie all weekend.  I am sure he will rapidly degenerate over the next few days.  His fleas will return along with his smell.  He had a New Year bath in preparation.

As for resolutions, I am following the Benjamin Franklin method of improvement through 13 virtues except I have only seven and none of them are silence, justice or anything too taxing.

I call it my TOFFEES list

T - temperance - stay off the pop
O - orderliness - clean up
F - food -  eat less
F - frugality - spend less
E - exercise - take some
E - effort - make some re work
S - start - get up before 8.30am.

I have failed on every single one so far except perhaps frugality.

And now I will take my stinky cold to bed where I might stay until late January when we depart for a month in the Caribbean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment